Sunday, April 11, 2010

Leader Business Update

Friends,

Can I update you on some of the various comings and goings of the Leader Business blog and your trusty scribe?

-- The good folks over at HR Bartender included me in this month's Leadership Development Carnival (Anniversary Edition). I'm there under the group of bloggers who have been at it for 3 years. Thanks to my friend, Steve Harper, for helping me find this voice!

-- Since I am not a big time blogger (sorry to let some of you down -- ha!), I never take any of you for granted at this site. I am honored for the 18,000+ hits to the blog, the 115 of you who follow in Blogger, Google Reader, or Feedblitz. And I am especially honored when you forward the blog along to your friends and hope that you will encourage them to join our discussion and sign up to follow through one of these means.

-- While I am definitely NOT in the big time, I was fired up to learn that I am #141 on the list of top 150 management and leadership blogs over at Noop.NL. While I am not challenging Tim Ferris, Tony Robbins, or Tom Peters for guru-status (yet!), I hope this means we are connecting! Thanks to each of you for helping contributing to this ranking!

-- I am about 70% of the way through the writing of Leader Business -- the book. Man this is hard work. My hat is off to any of you who have completed such a task. I am not worthy!

-- Finally, I am about three months away from deployment to Afghanistan. Thus the pressure to finish the book (and wrap up a ton of initiatives in my job before I go). We'll see if I can do it! While I know this will be a major change of lifestyle from beautiful Southern California, I still hope to stay connected through this site. What better place than Afghanistan to examine the business of leaders!!!

That's my update. Thanks to each of you for being my friend and inspiring me on my leadership journey! More leadership info soon. In the interim, thanks!!! That's Leader Business!

3 comments:

Yushu said...

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to read your book!!

Kim Warner said...

Congrats on #141 and all that - I enjoy the blog and found you through DeDe C. You're 3 months from Afghanistan - I'm 3 weeks from there! :)

Take care -

Sunny said...

Just wanted to say that you are more than worthy to finish the task, if anyone can do it, it's you! Also, being placed on the top 150 management/leader bloggers is definitely well deserved. Thanks for setting an example and being an inspiration~Sunny